I am so grateful that I managed to find a few ideas on Pinterest for my wedding day. And naturally a lot of woman find great ideas there! I managed to find the flowers I liked, dress styles I loved, and plenty of centerpiece ideas. Favors, gift ideas for the bridesmaids, even tips on how to write a great thank you card. I even have a few of my own tips including How to say “No” to being a Bridesmaid. Also check out How to be the “Cool Bride.” So with that being said. Here is a list for your Wedding Emergency Kit! Download the free .pdf checklist at the bottom of the page!
Why you Need a Wedding Emergency Kit
If there is one thing that I know well, is that the morning of and even the night before, you are running around like crazy making sure you have everything that you need. But have you thought about things you may not realize you may need? For not only you but your bridal party as well? Or even the parents? Yeah, it happens! I remember being in a wedding that the train of the bride’s dress had come undone from its bustle. So then we had to run around trying to find a safety-pin or something that would help keep it from being tread on, torn or tripped over. Thankfully someone had one! And I am so glad I thought about bringing a sewing case for my Wedding Emergency Kit! We had to sew one of the girl’s straps on since the flimsy buttons that come with Barbie wasn’t holding up to the needs of the dress! Deodorant for many purposes! (Have you ever put it between your legs to keep them from chaffing?) Mouthwash, mini toothbrushes, superglue for the heel that may pop off! ASPIRIN! You just never know! So here is a list I made up just for you and many of mine was used by the girls or myself that I forgot! Even the hair dresser may need something!
Wedding Emergency Kit
- Mouthwash/ Listerine strips
- Q-tips (for fine make-up removal or application…or the intended use!)
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Floss/ Plackers (you know, the ones on a stick!)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Tampons (Yeah, it happens!)
- Baby powder (Good for chaffing areas. There is also a liquid to powder lotion you can get at the dollar tree in the baby section…its awesome.)
- Aspirin/ Ibuprofen
- Makeup Setting spray
- Lip Gloss
- Bobby pins (Your hair can fall out of its up-do while dancing!!)
- Body/ fashion tape (Lets be honest ladies, sometimes the girls don’t like to stay where they should! And its great for the garter if it doesn’t want to stay up!
- Safety Pins
- Bandaids (Sometimes those shoes can hurt! Or the dress can rub the wrong way!)
- Sewing Kit!!!
- Super Glue
- Body Spray (I like smelling good, don’t you?)
- Clear Nail Polish (For those who still wear panty hose!)
- Hair Bands
- Steam Iron/ Downy Wrinkle Release (I had a few dresses that needed done!)
I would like to add some happy pills but hey, not everyone needs them!! The best part about most of this, is that you can get most of this in the trial sizes at the grocery store! I spent roughly $30 on everything! It was worth every penny! So let me know how this goes for you and if there is anything that we should add!